Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Fare Field

I decided to start a blog. It took me a while to warm up to the idea, but it makes sense to share behind-the-scenes photos of all of the amazing opportunities and projects i've been working on. I am based out of Miami (for now!) but i'm lucky enough to get to travel all over, so ill share my experiences here!

A recent project I have been working on, The Fare Field, is an online cooking series that I shoot and direct which takes place in and around Little Haiti, Miami. The Miami chef being filmed picks produce from Little River Market Garden, a farm run by Muriel Olivares. The chef then takes those ingredients and creates recipes using their own unique style. It's a real grassroots thing that lets me be super creative and has taught me a lot about documentary work and introduced me to some amazing chefs. The most interesting thing that comes across to me is how different people see similar things in such diverse ways. Watching and tasting the results inspires me to search for new perspectives in my own work as well. 

You can check out the episodes here.



No comments:

Post a Comment