Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Canon Rebel SL1 + 40mm 2.8

I'm writing this post from the Managua airport, because I have 3 hours until my flight and I dont have any more photos to share from my trip (they're all waiting to be developed). Anyways, last year Steffy kept asking me to buy her a camera of her own. I have a 7D and a bunch of lenses, but I use it for work sometimes and it's too big for her to carry around. She wanted something small she could leave in the purse and use to take wherever she went. I did my research and eventually found the rebel SL1, which is the smallest DSLR Canon has ever made. It has the same 18 mp sensor as the T5i, and some neat features like a touchscreen, video recording, etc. I picked it up for a great promo price of $379 and paired it with the 40mm 2.8 pancake lens. The two are made for each other, and we love the focal length and image quality of the 40mm lens. It's liberating to have such a small lightweight camera with you when you go out rather than a 7D with an L lens. The 7D now collects dust in the closet, and this one comes with us everywhere. I cant think of a better way to recommend it than that! 




No comments:

Post a Comment