Thursday, May 15, 2014

Yashica Mat 124G

I'm happy to introduce the newest addition to my fluctuating camera collection. I got this Yashica Mat 124G on ebay, film tested and in great condition for $240. You can find working ones in rougher shape for under $200, but I chose this beautiful one because the seller was from the US and had recently shot with it. In college I had a Yashica Mat LM that worked great, but I regretfully sold it a few years ago. I have been on the prowl for a medium format camera since my time with the Hasselblad. I didnt have $1000 to spend though, so I was between this and a Pentacon Six. The movie "Finding Vivian Meyer" pushed me over the edge and I went with the TLR. It's loaded up with a roll of Tri-X and ready for the weekend, hopefully I'll have a roll to share by Sunday!






1 comment:

  1. i <3 the second picture! cannot wait to play with this camera!

    ReplyDelete