Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Epson V600 Scanner

The Epson Perfection V600 has been my film scanner for going on 2 years now. When I was first searching I found several scanners that were a little bit cheaper and had good reviews, but I wanted one that did both 35mm and 120. While professional photographers would probably consider my $200 Epson a cheap toy, it has served its purpose well for me. I can scan 12 35mm frames or 3 120mm frames at once and do light color correction with the included software to get the flattest image out of my negative before I bring it into lightroom. I do have some issues with dust as you can see in my very "meta" scanned image of my scanner, but I think those are more operator error than anything. All in all I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good dedicated film scanner. 



No comments:

Post a Comment